Polynesian recording artist George “Fiji” Veikoso is one of the most original and dynamic
entertainers the Pacific Rim has produced who continues to be one of the most influential
artists in contemporary Island Reggae music. Since leaving his Fijian island homeland and
settling in Hawaii at the age of 14, Fiji’s golden voice and expansive musical repertoire have
launched him onto the world stage as a pioneer of the Lost Coast Sound.
Since his 1994 album debut. “Evolution” to 2010’s digital only release “Fiji EP,” Fiji’s musical
output has earned him numerous industry accolades and awards such as Hawaii’s Na’Hoku
Hanohano Award for “Male Vocalist of the Year,” “Favorite Entertainer of the Year” and
“People’s Choice Award.” Fiji’s collaboration on the “Island Warriors” compilation album
earned a Grammy-nomination for Best Reggae Album, an accomplishment that only a few
Hawaii-based artists have achieved.
Fiji’s island-roots inspired grooves have also earned him a place in popular television and film.
He co-wrote the theme song for “Baywatch Hawaii,” appeared as an actor in the film “Blue
Crush” and performed on the “Live with Emeril Lagasse” cooking show. Additionally, his fan
base and concert performances spans from the Pacific Rim, the Continental USA, Japan,
Australia, Jamaica, with new territories and international locales in the near future. Fiji has
shared the stage with many of Hawaii’s top entertainers along with national recording artists:
Gladys Knight, Aaron Neville, Beres Hammond, Damian Jr. Gong Marley, Ziggy Marley, Kymani
Marley, Steel Pulse, Maxi Priest and Inner Circle to name a few.
There seems to be no signs of resting on his laurels. These days Fiji continues to evolve both as
a performer and as an ambassador for island reggae music. As a Polynesian artist, he is a
beacon of inspiration with years of music wisdom, recognizable energy and remarkable
personality; truly a standard for all artists and lovers of the Island music genre.
Newcomers to Fiji’s music will instantly embrace his smooth voice and exotic melting pot of
sounds, an epic, musical journey from the center of the Pacific to the rest of the world.
- 268,648 monthly listeners
- 39,782 followers
Top Cities (by listeners)
- Los Angeles | 21,362 monthly listeners
- Auckland, NZ | 13,643 monthly listeners
- Honolulu, US | 13,234 monthly listeners
- San Francisco, US | 8,724 monthly listeners
- Seattle, US | 7,517 monthly listeners
- YouTube 11.3K subscribers
- Facebook 75K likes
- Instagram 74.2K+ followers
- Twitter 20.5K followers
- Soundcloud 17.6K followers
- Headlined at the Kuki Festival 2018
- Performed at the 17th Annual Pure Aloha Spring Festival and Concerts 2018
- Headlined with Morgan Heritage - Island Vibes Tour 2018
- Headlined with DJ Snake, Ludacris, King Ink - Lost in Paradise Music Festival 2018
- Support for 5th Annual Island Reggae Festival 2016
- Northwest Polynesian Tattoo Festival 2016
- Headlined with Drew Deezy and Finn Gruva - PolyTape2 Tour 2015
- Headlined with Lukie D - Enmore Theater for 2011 Summer Reggae Explosion